You must complete the E-Learning module prior to attending the virtual practical session. Details to the Academy's e-Learning platform will be provided upon confirmation of your place on the course.
You must complete the E-Learning module prior to attending the virtual practical session. Details to the Academy’s e-Learning platform will be provided upon confirmation of your place on the course.
This is the practical component to the IV Cannulation and Administration of Radiopharmaceuticals. Before attending this virtual practical simulation session, you must have successfully completed the theory and knowledge module on our e-learning platform.
- The ability to prepare a trolley/tray for cannulation.
- Vein assessment, and describe and explain the rationale for choosing a specific cannulation site on a patient. Demonstrate an ANTT cannulation technique.
- A patency assessment, and explain Visual Infusion Phlebitis (VIP) scoring.
- Appropriate removal and safe disposal of cannula and giving of post-scanning advice and care to a patient.
- The ability to calculate a dose, draw up and inject a Radiopharmaceutical.
- Safe disposal of radioactive sharps and waste.
- Contamination monitoring and the decontamination of a spill.
- QA, use of equipment and record-keeping.
Clinical Assistants, Radiographers and Technologists working in PET-CT service.
The IV Cannulation and Administration of Radiopharmaceuticals courses are repeated monthly. Due to the one-to-one nature of the practical course capacity is limited to two participants per course.
A desktop computer or laptop with the following:
- Web camera
Alternatively, participants can use a tablet. Mobile phones are not permitted as they do not provide the same functionality enabling participants to interact with the course effectively.
Please download the Zoom app rather than joining the call via a web browser as the app provides more functionality and a far more stable connection. You may need to speak to your IT department to assist and allow for the app to be installed.
Furthermore, participants will benefit from attending the course from a private space where you can interact with the facilitators and other candidates.
This course is free to any organisation in England that is part of the NC1 contract.
For any person or organisation outside of the NC1 contract interested in accessing any of our courses from the UK or Internationally, please contact the Academy to enquire about availability and course cost.
If you have any questions please call 0161 918 2445 or email email@example.com
(Tuesday) 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Online Practical Simulation Assessment
TICKET INFOFully Booked