Overview The onset of the COVID19 pandemic has brought to the fore the challenges of working over the telephone, or with new online technologies with our patients. This workshop has been
The onset of the COVID19 pandemic has brought to the fore the challenges of working over the telephone, or with new online technologies with our patients. This workshop has been developed to support all staff in this new way of working and to refresh knowledge and key skills for effective communication over the telephone/online media with patients. The workshop will look to develop confidence around existing skills and may offer new skills to add to your toolkit.
- Planning and preparing for telephone consultations
- Challenges of listening and responding without visual cues
- Building a positive relationship and outcomes on the telephone
- Key skills and principles for effective, patient-centred conversations over the telephone or online
- Discuss the relationship between communication, patient experience and clinical safety
- Reflect on the specific challenges faced by health care professionals in offering a patient-centred approach and ensuring safety via the telephone
- Describe key considerations in planning and preparing for telephone consultations
- Refresh key skills and principles for effective, patient-centred conversations
- Explore how existing communication skills can be adapted and developed to maximise both the efficiency of the consultation and the patient experience
The workshop will be facilitated online to enable full participation through discussion & interactive exercises.
Presentation will support key messages and different learning styles
Staff communicating with patients over the phone
(Wednesday) 12:45 am - 4:00 pm
TICKET INFOBOOK NOW