Event Information The course will consist of training provided by Macmillan Nurse Consultant Lorraine Burgess. Due to restrictions on face-to-face contact, this training will not include the Virtual Dementia tour provided
The course will consist of training provided by Macmillan Nurse Consultant Lorraine Burgess. Due to restrictions on face-to-face contact, this training will not include the Virtual Dementia tour provided by X-Experience which would normally follow the morning session. Once restrictions are lifted, we can schedule this tour so that you can attend in person.
- Understand and recognise how a diagnosis of dementia and delirium assessment, treatment and care impacts on those with the condition, their families and those caring for them.
- Identify the early symptoms of dementia and delirium thus improving their knowledge and skills on how to care for patients with the conditions
- Highlight the ethical implications of dementia and cancer on treatment and care in an oncology setting
- Discuss how person-centred care and using knowledge of the person will improve their well-being
- Highlight how factors such as the environment and communication may impact on a persons behaviour
- Identify the impact of caring on families and the importance of supporting and involving them in discussions around the treatment and care
- Discuss the importance of Advance Care plans and the lasting power of attorneys in planning future care and treatment
A desktop computer or laptop with the following:
- Web camera
Alternatively, participants can use a tablet. Mobile phones are not permitted as they do not provide the same functionality enabling participants to interact with the course effectively.
Please download the Zoom app rather than joining the call via a web browser as the app provides more functionality and a far more stable connection. You may need to speak to your IT department to assist and allow for the app to be installed.
Furthermore, participants will benefit from attending the course from a private space where you can interact with the facilitators and other candidates.
This course is free to any organisation in England that is part of the NC1 contract.
For any person or organisation outside of the NC1 contract interested in accessing any of our courses from the UK or Internationally, please contact the Academy to enquire about availability and course cost.
If you have any questions please call 0161 918 2445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Friday) 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
TICKET INFOFully Booked